Spike Solo Systems
Introducing the Spike Solo Single Vessel Brewing System!
Drinking beer. . . good! Brewing that beer. . . great! Introducing the Spike Solo. The most compact and easy to use brewing system available. It’s turn key out of the box. Simply choose your recipe and add water; yeah it’s that easy! Whether you're looking to get into the all-grain brewing game or want to upgrade your current setup the Spike Solo can help.
The Solo was designed for first time brewers and experienced brewers alike! It’s easy to use however, made with the highest quality materials. It’s extremely versatile however has straightforward useability. Why are we so confident in the Solo? It’s because we listen to you. The Solo was developed over 2 years with constant feedback and iteration based on customer feedback ranging from brand new brewers to award winning brewers.
One of the biggest considerations in brewing is the space needed for your brewery. The Solo has a compact footprint and is able to be stowed away nicely when Brew Day is done. A kitchen, basement, garage or even a back patio all will work for your home brewery!
When it comes to the actual brewing process the Solo can’t be beat. The electric system gives you more control and versatility during your Brew Day. While many like to over complicate brewing the Solo will make commercial quality beer in only 6 simple steps; heat water, add grains, filter, boil, whirlpool, chill. Yeah it’s that easy.
But don’t just take our word for it, check out Zach T.’s story below. He stepped up his brewing game with the solo and hasn’t looked back since!
If you told Zach Trepanier two years ago that he would own a single-vessel Solo brewing system and be legit creating his own beers, he would have said you were nuts. “I had been to a couple brew days at my buddies house, and I thought it looked fun, but what always stopped me from pursuing this as a hobby was that it seemed like the whole thing would be too complicated,” he remembers. “I wasn’t exactly looking for a hobby that would be all-consuming. I already have two kids, a wife and a dog,” he chuckles. Still, the idea of home brewing continued to percolate.
Benefits of the Solo
Looking to get into all-grain brewing for the first time? Or maybe you’ve been wanting to upgrade your set-up for a while now. There’s a ton of benefits to going with the Spike Solo – which again have all been developed based on real world feedback from you, the customer. We wanted to share just a few of these benefits with you.
It reduces your brewing footprint
- Compact - The Solo will easily fit in any kitchen, garage or basement!
- Turn-key - Let’s get you brewing right out of the box; just add grain and water!
- Use anywhere - If you have access to an appropriate electrical outlet you are good to go.
- Brew Day complete? Great! The Solo is easy to store away when you've buttoned up Brew Day.
It’s steam Condenser Lid compatible
- Worry Free - Our steam condensing lid (sold separately) converts steam during boiling back into liquid. This is incredibly useful when brewing indoors so steam doesn’t condense in or on your walls.
It’s easy to use
- Quick set up - the Solo comes with everything needed to brew out of the box; no extra parts needed.
- Ease of Use – We’ve made brewing easy. The Solo will make commercial quality beer in only 6 simple steps; heat water, add grains, filter, boil, whirlpool, chill. Yeah it’s that easy.
- Precise control - Simply set the controller to the temperature called out by your recipe and the Solo’s controller does the rest.
- Versatility - Available in both 120v and 240v power options.
- Cheaper - Electric brewing is cheaper than using gas (a typical brew day costs about $2 in energy costs) and you’ll never run out of propane mid-brew!
It’s built to last
- Quality Materials - From the thickness and type of stainless steel to the industrial grade electrical controller, we did not compromise on the design of the Solo.
- Welded in Milwaukee - All the ports on the Solo kettle and Solo basket are done right here in Milwaukee. All components are also 100% quality inspected by our team before going out the door. This ensures our superior quality standards are upheld with every order.
- Quality Standards - The Solo is held to the same quality standards are our other commercial systems which have a $16,000 price tag.
We know you might have many questions before you start your brewing journey but we are here at the start and along the way. Please feel free to email us HERE or chat with us (you can find our chat feature on the lower right of your screen) and someone from our customer support team will be happy to walk you through any questions you may have!
From Bum to Brewer
Had Zach known how simple it was to get into homebrewing, he would have dove into the hobby years ago. Better late than never! “I want to go from a guy who likes and drinks beer but knows very little about brewing, to a guy who likes and drinks beer that I brewed myself," he says. "I want to become an adequate to exceptional homebrewer." Check out his first Brew Day on the Spike Solo!
How to Assemble and Use Your Spike Solo System
Like we said above, coming brew ready right out of the box is a huge plus! Pick up your favorite recipe, add water and it’s Brew Day! And if you’re new to brewing we’ve curated some award winning recipes which you can order online or have your local home brew store help put together the ingredients for you! Check it out and jump into Brew Day!