Plant Manager Position
Plant Manager/Production Manager
Spike Brewing LLC was founded in 2012, and is located in Milwaukee, WI. We engineer, source and manufacturer the highest quality stainless steel equipment on the market. Our products are sold throughout the United States and Canada. The craft beer and home brewing market is exploding in popularity and Spike Brewing is quickly becoming a premier brand in the industry.
Job Summary:Manufacturing is one of the pillars that Spike plans to be an industry leader in. Currently we focus on value add and assembly welding. This Spring, we are opening another production line that will focus on ground up brewing system builds. We want to continue this manufacturing growth into the future and this position will be the linchpin to that growth.
Our company has grown over 200% each of the last three years and we are looking for someone that can keep up with our production demand and make necessary adjustments (in either systems or staff) to help facilitate our growth.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of 5S practices and strict enforcement
- Ongoing shop organization and production optimization
- Assess needed process improvements, planning and execution of those improvements
- Work with fabrication team to develop standardized production processes (SOPs)
- Implement Kanban system for finished goods which would drive production (pull rather than push)
- Propose shop layout/work flow improvements
- Work with QC team to address issues and develop future fixes (both internal and supplier side)
- Work directly with New Product Development team on design for manufacturability during product development
- Work directly with New Product Development team to develop product lines, production processes, production fixtures, etc when new products are being developed and handed off to the production team
- Monitor/enforce production line lead time goals
- KPI monitoring and improvement on a production cell basis
- Work with the Operations Manager, Supply Chain Manager and Finance Manager to tie production to overall company goals
- Address personnel needs based on capacity and individual performance
Quarterly company bonus program, health, vision, dental, 401k plus an awesome work environment (working brewery with a tap room of 8 beers, pool and ping pong table, plus Samson the company Golden Retriever!)