Engineering Support Manager Position
Engineering Support Manager
Spike is focused on 3 things: Innovation, Education and Customer Experience. We’re looking for someone to bring their experience to the 3rd pillar; Customer Experience. Being part of a start up environment, you’ll work alongside the sales team, engineering, marketing and production to support new and current products lines. You’ll be steps away from the warehouse where each one of our products is welded and assembled and be fully immersed in a manufacturing environment. You’ll also be plugged into the home and craft brewing culture. We test new products and brew beer regularly to understand how our products work and how the end consumer interacts with our brand and equipment.
Our customer support team is smack dab between the front facing sales and marketing team and our production team. Today we have a quick and polite support team that manages our customer inquiries and feedback. We also have grown our CRM tools to track issues as the arise within our consumer base and prioritize where a change is needed. To grow this department further, we are looking for a technically minded person who can manage these issues, troubleshoot the root cause and suggest corrective and preventative actions (CAPA) to fix the problem. This will finalize a customer support team that closes the loop between engineering, marketing/sales and production. We are looking for someone to build out our Customer Support department bringing it from a functioning department to a leading department at Spike.
- Reducing customer pain points is the measure of success
- Troubleshoot issues that are the most frequent in the customer base
- Test products as needed to find the root cause of issues
- Find communication solutions to support team to help customers remediate issues
- Work with engineering on design improvements based on testing/feedback
- Work with marketing on opportunities to educate customer base
- Manage the support team to continue to meet SLA expectations:
- <12 hour response on all tickets.
- Live chat during business hours (9-5 M-F)
- Experience managing personnel a must
- Own the customer ticket debrief process that currently accomplishes:
- Tracking product issues that occur in the field at the right level of granularity
- Accurate counts of incidents, 1 ticket per alleged customer complaint
- Efficient process flow of tickets from open to close
- Manage the monotony of customer service with employees. Keep them excited about working with the customer and motivate with the message that “your job drives product quality.”
- Manage weekly QA reporting including but limited to: ticket/chat/phone volume, increases in product issues/questions, initiation of CAPA with engineering team if needed, reporting of leads submitted to sales, etc.
‘Day 1’ Projects
- Continuous improvement focused. Including but not limited to implementation of training programs and auditing of customer support teams outward communications
- Streamlining of current support email process. Complete the full implementation of chat support and accompanying process/protocols. Full implementation of phone support.
- Implementation of RMA process using our new ERP system (NetSuite)
- Integrate Customer Support with Marketing/Sales, Production and Engineering
Job Type: Full-time
Quarterly company bonus program, health, vision, dental, 401k plus an awesome work environment (working brewery with a tap room of 8 beers, pool and ping pong table, plus Samson the company Golden Retriever!)